Do you experience frequent headaches, neck problems, clicking jaw, facial pain, sensitive teeth, earaches, crushing sounds in the ear or any other related discomfort?
If your jaw joints click, pop, grind and cause you pain then you may be one of the many undiagnosed TMJ Disorder sufferers. Don’t sit back and put up with continued pain. Come and see Dr Anand at Extreme Dentistry for advice and recommendations on care for a lifetime plan.
What is TMD?
TMD (Temporomandibular Disorder) is a common but seldom serious condition in which the joint that connects the upper and lower jaws becomes misaligned. TMD can be caused by a number of different things. In some cases, it is the result of injury or dental disease and can cause a very wide range of symptoms, from mild to serious, including:
- Migraines, headaches and neck aches
- Difficulty moving the jaw, including opening and closing the mouth
- Clicking, grinding and popping of the jaw
- Locking or soreness or other pain around the face and jaw
The right treatment for you will depend primarily on the specifics of your condition. Dr Anand will work with you in awareness and education to manage your TMD and may recommend the following treatments:
- A nightguard appliance
- Specific physical exercises and therapy
- Oral medication
- Surgery approach (seldom required)