Want to repair your damaged teeth without using a crown?
Inlays and onlays are ideal for repairing relatively extensive tooth decay or damage without having to replace the whole outer portion of the tooth as we would with a crown.
What are inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays are known as indirect fillings because unlike a standard filling that is done in a dentist’s office, inlays and onlays are made in a laboratory and cemented or bonded to the surface of the tooth during a second visit to the dentist.
Benefits of inlays and onlays
- Less tooth material is removed
- Unlike fillings, these procedures can strengthen a tooth’s structure
- They also tend to last longer than a filling, because the inlay or onlay material is custom made and bonded to the tooth
- Unlike standard fillings, inlays and onlays do not weaken the tooth structure
- After the procedure, the tooth can bear up to 50 to 75 percent more chewing force
- Onlays can also be used to restore strength to teeth after a root canal treatment
To find out more about how inlays and onlays can be used to improve your smile and overall dental health, please contact us today.